• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing Ullswater

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
I have just got back from a weekends photography trip. First proper one in a long time. other then a failed one a few months back to weals where the camera only cam out my bag once, this was first trip in over a year.

I really struggled the whole weekend. The light was not really on my side. all very pleasant and chocolate boxy or just overly flat. I struggled with the walking, I got halfway up mountain and had to turn back as I was about dead a few miles in. And I just didn't really know what to do and where to be.
In the past on a trip I usually managed to get into a rythm and work with the conditions and feel productive for the whole time I'm there. This time was just a struggle.

I have had a quick glance over my captures from the weekend and possible have couple that will get properly edited and I can say im vaguely happy with. but yeah think its going to be a while till I get my feet back under the table again.

I did get chance to christen my new lenses though. and am happy with their performances and I do scout a new location that I think will be promising for a future trip. so it was not all bad, just a bit meh.

(often when the togging isn't going well I usually console myself with the fact that I had a good walking holiday, but I can't say that this time as I just found it too hard to carry my grear around. amazing how quick strength can be lost. hope it comes back...)

but yes for what its worth, here's an image from near where I was camping. A nice view over the Ullswater.....

ullswater.jpg

David_MC

Always on
I like the tones in this one as well as the contrast between the light and shade in along the distance hills.

Banjo Ryan

Always on
Looks like a nice spot Steve. For training I recommend going on short walks during the week with your full pack, it helps for the longer trips.

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
Looks like a nice spot Steve. For training I recommend going on short walks during the week with your full pack, it helps for the longer trips.
thanks ryan, Thats a good tip. I think this why i'm struggling. I haven't ben going on the weekly outing I used to.

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Like the colours and tone, and would make a good postcard shot for the area (not meant as an insult!!)

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
Like the colours and tone, and would make a good postcard shot for the area (not meant as an insult!!)

Thanks pete, yep a hear you, hence why I put just sharing on it. its a pleasant view but not really got any story/mood to it, very much suited to souvenir store type stuff :)