1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Ullswater

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Ramble Vision, May 13, 2019.

1. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    this is another shot from my evening out at Ullswater a few weeks back. I was really hoping the light would catch the island at the front as well, but it wouldn't play ball unfortunately.

Still, didn't quite get the sunset I wanted but there was a spot of nice light before the sun dropped down behind the surrounding hills so not all bad.

ullwaster.jpg

balami and Mike Singh like this.
  2. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice splash of light, Steve. I'm thinking that I'm probably wrong, and it's a perspective thing, but the water looks to slope a little, elevated on the left.

3. Ramble Vision

Edit my images ?:
    No
    cheers pete.

you might be right on leveling, i was struggling, looked off whatever I did. I ended up using the distant island and the shore was pritty much dead on. although looking now that of as well. will have another go later

4. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like the contrast between the light and shadows. Well done Steve.

5. Ramble Vision

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks david

6. alpethsm

alpethsm Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Strips of blue in the top and bottom of the picture work nicely for me....pity about the trees, how long did you wait?

7. Ramble Vision

Edit my images ?:
    No
    T
    Thanks

I waited a good couple of hours . I was hanging on for the sunset so I was there long after the sun dropped behind the mountains

8. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thats gorgeous Steve, loving the light and the layers, shame about no sunset as it looked very promising.

9. Ramble Vision

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Cheers Paul

Indeed, a shame, on th bright side I get to go back and try again :)