• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Visiting Old Friends

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I popped back up to the old stomping grounds for a few days to check on the Whitetail herd. Here's a couple of quicky edits on this old lappy from last evening's encounter.

DSC_4005.JPG

DSC_4015.JPG

DSC_4016.JPG

DSC_4022.JPG

DSC_4028.JPG

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Gorgeous animals and well captured Roger.
Whitetails let you get nice and close don't they. My parents used to get them coming up to the house in Virginia and we could sit on the porch and they would come within 15-20ft of us.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'm a sucker for deer in the snow. Nice takes Roger.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ryan used the word I wanted (before I read his post albeit in a slightly different concept) but I'm going to say it anyway as it befits the image - the second one is gorgeous. A lovely photograph and one couldn't want for much better. Good PP too - lifting of the shadows on its face has worked well here ... assuming that's what you did as part of the edit :D

Good set throughout - I suspect the last one is the closest to the colours one sees but I do like warmed up images when the processing is not overdone.

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Beautiful shots Roger.

Tony Mancini

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Loverly creatures and nice images Roger :clapping:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thank you everyone.

.....Good set throughout - I suspect the last one is the closest to the colours one sees but I do like warmed up images when the processing is not overdone.
Thanks, Edward. The colour changes are not actually from warming the images. Whitetails self camouflage as the light fades, and can appear almost black at night. The second shot is the deer facing into the setting sun, and the last deer where it appears more brown is standing in the shadows about 45 minutes later.