1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers Wardle Reservoir - First Landscape.

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Pete.Bony, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:17 PM.

1. Pete.Bony

Pete.Bony Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I decided to take my chance on it not raining this morning and went out to have a go at my first couple of landscapes. I went to Wardle Reservoir as it's only a five minute drive from my home! Anyway, even though it was freezing cold I got a few shots showing what's left of the old mill that was at Watergrove before it was flooded to make the Wardle Reservoir. To be honest I have never seen Wardle Reservoir this low before! Anyway here is what I think is the best shot which I am quite pleased with. (I decided that it was better to have more sky in the scene rather than too much (Featureless) water in the foreground) I would be happy to have a few pointers to help me to improve in the future.
    IMG_6577.JPG

rebel06 and LYNN GRIFFITHS like this.
  2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day mate

I think that you've got the makings of a beaut image here
    CC if I may ... a bit of selective [sponge] saturation across the trees and a tighter crop [16:9 shape] of the image to concentrate the eye towards the mill & trees

PeteBony, UK.jpg

Thoughts??
    Phil

3. Pete.Bony

Pete.Bony Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Phil, thanks so much, it is a great improvement. It is quite surprising what difference a bit of cropping and a few "tweaks" can make.
    That is the sort of pointers I was hoping for to help me to improve.

Pteranadon and LYNN GRIFFITHS like this.
  4. alpethsm

alpethsm Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shot and a decent edit from phil.

5. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shot and Phil's edit shows that even a small amount of post processing can turn a good image into a great one.

6. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It is a lovely shot, and Phil's little tweaks have improved it so much.