• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

Please be aware when you sign up, we carry out strict IP screening as an anti-spam measure. We confirm if where you say you are from is where your IP address is located. If you sign up using a TOR node, VPN or proxy, you may be subject to rejection at sign up. If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules
  • Reminder for signatures: Please remember only premium members are allowed to display links in their signature
    If you are a non premium member and want to display a link in your signature you will need to upgrade to premium membership.’ 
    Non premium members who are found displaying signatures will have them removed without notice
    Please refer to forum rule 2 about signatures

WEEKLY CHALLENGE FOR WEEK ENDING FRIDAY 12/4/2013 - Documentary

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The next round starts here - it seems relentless!

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It does indeed. I'm busy polishing my halo cos I'd no idea how to tackle this one. A peek at google images and I have one taken (this afternoon).

I'll be interested to see what is posted this week.

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yes, I look forward to seeing what comes round. No real ideas yet for me!

Lear

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Can someone explain to me what this is? Sounds interesting.

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Can someone explain to me what this is? Sounds interesting.
It is a weekly challenge with no winners or losers. The intention is to encourage ourselves to go out every week and take pictures using a nominated theme as the subject and to see what interpretation others have to that theme. Having said that images have been posted that weren't taken at the appropriate time but no one really minds! It's simply a bit of fun so join in if you wish. The themes are listed here

http://www.photography-forum.org/showthread.php/91080-Weekly-Challenge/page4

and if you read through the thread you will get the idea.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Here's my go for this one. (Second time round - I closed it instead of submitting the reply last time round :doh: )

Brampton Bryan F 3364 800.jpg

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I would have preferred to see the faces of the winners and the trophy/prize they had won. Is that sunshine? :blurry-drunk:

Fury

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I would have preferred to see the faces of the winners and the trophy/prize they had won. Is that sunshine? :blurry-drunk:
No No cant be sunshine - they all have winter coats on ;)

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We didn't trust the weather!

I thought about taking this the other way around but couldn't get a clear shot of the photographers to make sense out of the photograph, if you see what I mean. Thank you for the comment though.

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well here's mine. I really struggled to find something sensible so concentrated on the changes being made to the recently closed Natwest bank to convert it to a charity shop. Good pratice for PP even if the subject is not too good!

Doc-2.jpg

Doc-6.jpg

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well, that second one is definitely different! It takes a moment to work out, but I like that. I also like that colour on the window in the first shot.

I found this topic next to impossible if truth be told. These subjects don't get easier do they?

Who's idea was this? LOL :smile: (Actually, I'm very grateful for you getting me on to this as it does get me thinking much more.)

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yes, not an easy topic and next week's is worse! The second shot was taken from the right of the vans in the first one. I photoshopped in the sign of the charity and the bank because there were no features left that showed its original use. The cutting into strips was trying to show it being put together for a new use.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
that's not sugar loaf in the background of your edward?

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I think that's Harley's Hill or Harley's Mountain (I forget which). Named after a local family, believe it or not. Is there a Tenchy Hill near Hereford? :smile:

If it's not that hill then it's the ridge just to the west of Bucknell (on your right as you go on the main road to Knighton.)