• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

Please be aware when you sign up, we carry out strict IP screening as an anti-spam measure. We confirm if where you say you are from is where your IP address is located. If you sign up using a TOR node, VPN or proxy, you may be subject to rejection at sign up. If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules
  • Reminder for signatures: Please remember only premium members are allowed to display links in their signature
    If you are a non premium member and want to display a link in your signature you will need to upgrade to premium membership.’ 
    Non premium members who are found displaying signatures will have them removed without notice
    Please refer to forum rule 2 about signatures

WEEKLY CHALLENGE FOR WEEK ENDING FRIDAY 24/5/2013 - Religous

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I don't think this is much easier than some of the others! At least there are churches everywhere!

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
:thumbsup: I just have to remember to take my camera to church tomorrow ... :smile:

Much easier said than done - easy enough to take the camera but trying to obtain a decent photograph is a totally different matter!! I've no ideas at the moment - I'm really stuck!

Banned
Banned
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Here you have two churches on the island of Symi Greece

Attachments

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
A quick posting! I think it would benefit from adjusting levels etc?

Tenorplayer

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Exif says it was taken on the 11th though

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
:thumbsup: I just have to remember to take my camera to church tomorrow ... :smile:

Much easier said than done - easy enough to take the camera but trying to obtain a decent photograph is a totally different matter!! I've no ideas at the moment - I'm really stuck!
You have more chance than me then as I am in the middle of nowhere on a 120 mile bike ride . . . . . . well, I am not actually doing the ride simply helping out :doofus:

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Seem to remember, some churches need permission for photography, but you may already know this. As for me, am looking for that copy of the bible that is at home here somewhere.........................
My wife wasn't very receptive to the suggestion that I should fly to India to take some religous shots for this project this week, lol :it-s-not-fair:

maj

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This was taken a few weeks ago at Jerpoint Abbey, Co. Kilkenny. This is a ruined Cistercian Abbey built around 1180...

Jerpoint Abbey PF_DSC3373.jpg

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
OK, my wife dug out a few heirlooms, and kindly lent them to me for an hour or so

forumreligous.jpg

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nice exposure and focus in that one hoofer.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Good one there, Hoof!

(And if they don't allow me a few photos, I'll stop playing the organ for them lol !!) I got a little set this morning which I'll post later in the week.

Interesting one, Maj - I can't help thinking we don't really do this these days due to the cost.

Lovely scene, Jeff! Lovely colours in the buildings there.

Stephen F

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Getting some mojo back so here are a couple of attempts from me .
Stephen....

Attachments

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Oh, wow, Stephen!! Those are good! The colours are lovely and strong and I like the old look against the spring life. Great images!

I didn't know you'd lost a mojo!

Ogofmole

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very nice set Stephen, great lighting on one and three, but I prefer the composition of two.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I haven't done mine yet and looking at these I might not do anything as that are so good.

Maj, the abbey sculptures are great and you have some interesting colour in there.

Hoofer, you have done more or less what I was planning and I am pleased that you have as it is far better than mine would have been.

Stephen, lovely shots, great colour. I think I prefer the one with the metal-looking cross.

Edward, whatever else I was not aware of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit and I should have done given the background I was brought up in. If I could make a suggestion I would have liked to see the top of the candles on the shelf and maybe edited out the base on the right hand end of the shelf.

Now, off looking for inspiration for a post later after the chores are done.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thank you, Mike. Not a super photo I must admit, but it was just a few minutes before Mass and getting quiet and with a noisy camera I didn't want to have everyone turn round, etc. Also, I hadn't even opened the hymn book, let alone fired up the organ, so it was rushed.

I'm annoyed to have missed the top of the tabernacle and wish the candles were lit too.

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
OK, chores done, here are a couple from me:

Framed Forum-1.jpg

and one, made today, but using photographs taken about 10 years ago on a holiday in France when we visited Calvary with many statues depicting the crucifixion and ascension:

Forum Calvary.jpg

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
On mobile at present, but love the first one with the shadow of the cross on the wall, it portrays for me the suggestion of a 'heavenly light' :)

Last edited:

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great imagination there, Mike and a good interpretation too. I like them both equally - both provocative and make you think.

I'm amazed at how many have done this week - I thought it was going to be too difficult!! Got that wrong!

HiServe

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
God is love.

_DSC0101-Edit.jpg

I thought I would enter for a change. Need a newer Bible really!

Last edited:

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nothing wrong with old bibles as far as I'm concerned. Nice interpretation, Jackie!

HiServe

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nothing wrong with old bibles as far as I'm concerned. Nice interpretation, Jackie!
I would have liked a better quality spine & neat guilt edges, but most of the Bibles in this house are well used. (Not so much now, have different versions on iPhone & PC)

borofan

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nothing wrong with that Bible, Jackie. As it is laid flat you couldn't see the spine anyway!