• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Welcome, Pikkaso Please tell us a little bit about yourself here.

Stemmy

Always on
Super Admin
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Welcome to Photography Forum, @Pikkaso. Please use this thread to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your photography experience.

You can also post any forum related questions here and we will happily help you settle in.

Pikkaso

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hey everyone. Just got an a6000 used . Can’t for the life of me figure out how to install the firmware. Contacted Sony, read all the articles still nothing. So I just went and bought a new one with both kit lenses. I was trying to do the smart thing and get a used one so I could spend more getting lenses. I must say I really like the new one with all the firmware updated.

many recommendations. Should I keep trying with the firmware on the used one or screw it and enjoy my brand new one?
I really like doing night landscape. I hope the kit lenses work okay for that. I don’t even know for sure what lens I might need for landscape. All I keep hearing is the sigma 18 1.4 I think?

so I’m kindof tapped out right now and don’t really know where to start a good case maybe.

thanks for any input.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Welcome to the forum!

Does this video help

Just skimming over that, it does not seem to be terribly difficult. There may be someone here with an A6000 that can be specific.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Pikkaso

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I finally got it with the cable that comes with the new one.