• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Welcome, Stew Please tell us a little bit about yourself here.

Stemmy

Always on
Super Admin
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Welcome to Photography Forum, @Stew. Please use this thread to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your photography experience.

You can also post any forum related questions here and we will happily help you settle in.

Stew

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
Thanks for the friendly welcome.
I know enough about photography to know that I really don't know very much, despite about 40 years experience! ;-)
I do some domestic interiors photography for estate agency, but for my own interest I like a mix of landscape (I do many rural walks), architectural, street, and a little nature oriented.
I now favour making my kit as simple and minimalist as possible... looking for the ideal all round camera!

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day mate

Another 'Welcome aboard' to the forum - you'll find heaps of others here who are enthusiastic about 'photography' as well as 'camera' :)
ps- you say that your desire is for "minimalist" ~ years ago I abandoned SLRs and went for fixed lens superzooms (now using Panasonic only) and have never regretted it. One camera, all-in-one, all the features one could ever ask for ... beaudy-mate

Phil

Stew

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
Thanks for the info, Phil. I'm definitely interested in superzooms, especially if I can get something that includes a fairly wide angle for doing interior room shots (plus a hot-shoe). I was put off Panasonic by the complicated menu system of my Lumix GX80, but another member assures me that every camera's menu structure is different from the next, even from the same manufacturer. If you've experience with more than one Panasonic maybe you can comment?
Cheers
Stewart

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day Stew
I'll do some homework and PM you off-line
Phil

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Howdy Stew and welcome to the forum.

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day Stew
I'll do some homework and PM you off-line
Phil
Stew ... I have made 5 attempts to send the following PM without success so here it is 'public'
G'day mate

Before I go off into options and settings and all that stuff, maybe you can help via giving me some idea as to your shooting style, subjects and 'where do your pics end up'? ie: are you selling? do you need a specific sensor size of a specific reason? what lenses you have & use at the moment

You may find it easier to chat off-line via email ... "Phil Jones"<Ozzie_Traveller@Yahoo.com>
Hope this helps

Phil

Roger - I get the msg "Msg too long - over 420 characters"
Phil

Stew

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
Stew ... I have made 5 attempts to send the following PM without success so here it is 'public'
G'day mate

Before I go off into options and settings and all that stuff, maybe you can help via giving me some idea as to your shooting style, subjects and 'where do your pics end up'? ie: are you selling? do you need a specific sensor size of a specific reason? what lenses you have & use at the moment

You may find it easier to chat off-line via email ... "Phil Jones"<Ozzie_Traveller@Yahoo.com>
Hope this helps

Phil

Roger - I get the msg "Msg too long - over 420 characters"
Phil
Hi Phil
Thanks for your interest. I'm brand new to the forum and cannot yet see how to PM anyone. I'll drop you an email shortly.
Cheers
Stewart

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi Phil
Thanks for your interest. I'm brand new to the forum and cannot yet see how to PM anyone. I'll drop you an email shortly.
Cheers
Stewart
Sorry, but PMs are reserved for Premium members only.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Welcome to the forum!

SharonH

Old Hand
Premium Member