• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Went to a Roy Orbison tribute concert the other night

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day all

One of the local clubs staged the above concert - we were joined by about 800 others and from the seating area I enjoyed both the music and shooting the following images ~ all hand held. The beauty of using the Panasonic superzoom soon became evident - my distance to the stage was about 20m ~ 25m and using the eyepiece all the time those behind me were not distracted by a large, bright LCD screen in front of them.

Typical EXIF was ....
Panny FZ-200; .. ISO-1600; .. aperture - F2,8; .. shutter - 1/20 to 1/200s [lighting varied constantly]; .. zoom @ 100mm to 600mm [film camera equiv]

As always, feedback welcome
Phil

1) Setting the scene

and with a qwik colour change to the lights ...

2) Roy Orbison in person

3)

4) Johnny Cash in person

5) Backing vocals

6) Backing vocals & Base guitar

===========

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Bet you had a great night, they look fab ... #5 looks like Nana Mouskouri ..

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
Bet you had a great night, they look fab ... #5 looks like Nana Mouskouri ..
Thanks mate ... yes it was a beaut night of music & song ~ many tunes kept reverberating between the ears all weekend
And I remember Nana M... and her dark-framed specs quite well

Phil

Snips

Always on
Good shots and well exposed!

Just need some video music now :) (Joking!)

Well focused and processed. Not easy taking shots in this sort of light - bet these took some processing to give a decent final image! Not sure I'd have exhibited #2 but as in all things photographic, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day Snips .... sort of agree with #2 [and #1] but included them to set the scene as to distance between me and stage / performers
As to processing - all are JPG straight from camera with a 10% NR reduction & resizing for this forum, nothing else

Phil

Newbandit

Always on
Blimey that camera works well for this kinda thing. I would need ear plugs though. The running joke at work is for people to play Roy Orbison if I **** them off