• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

What to do when officially an OAP

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
You have to get a hobby.............try something you have not done before.

So I looked for something where I could make stuff using new skills so after some thought and viewing a few youtube videos I decided to have a crack at leatherworking ..well why not.

I produced all my stuff from scratch and after 3 iterations for a small battery case I ended up with the design below for my fuji batteries.

Fuji battery case by Paul Magyar, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

ed taylor

Super Ed
Super Moderator
A stitch in time saves nine Paul. They do look very good quality. Nice work. We all will want a case for our batteries soon.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Well that looks neat and nice Paul. How did u do the stitches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Nicely done, they look professional. Now you need to open an Etsy store and sell them :)

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Well that looks neat and nice Paul. How did u do the stitches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used a box stitch which is a saddle stitch at an angle so there is no stitching on the inside and joins butted up leather it is one of the more difficult stitches to start with but makes a neat case one which i am happier with than my previous gusseted and attempt at wet forming both worked ok but added to much bulk for me.

Thanks for all your comments much appreciated .....us old uns need encouraging

imagesBV

That does look like a very well crafted product.
I bought the basic gear to do book binding - idea being to make a really good photo album......maybe even offer to make bespoke wedding albums....but I just don't have the time at present. Your skills here would lend to nice leather covers.