1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Where are the social photographers?

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by newphotowhodis, May 16, 2018.

1. newphotowhodis

newphotowhodis Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I love photography but want to venture out with other humans, to learn and enjoy the adventure together. I've found one group that meets monthly on MeetUp but when the scheduling conflicts I go months without a photo buddy. Anyone have tips on how to find local social photography events or meet-ups? Or find others to shoot with locally?

2. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    There are probably many camera clubs in, and around, Boston In fact, I think there are. I just found this http://www.neccc.org/ the New England Camera Club Council and they have lists of camera clubs all over. We have the same thing here in Toronto with GTA (Greater Toronto Area) CCC.

I do find it odd there is only one group on MeetUp. I have a bunch show up here in Toronto. The biggest social group here does not use MU though, Toronto Photo Walks, they use Facebook and their own site.

newphotowhodis likes this.
  3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Clubs vary hugely, Some are very competitive & are all about the monthly competitions so members hoard their techniques. Others are all about sharing & learning together. Fortunately I found on of the latter :)

It's worth trying others if you don't click with the first try.

Our local meet-up photowalk group has folded. I never thought to try Facebook (don't like it much despite my wife's heavy use of it)

newphotowhodis likes this.
  4. Scoob100

Scoob100 Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Have a look on Facebook, there may be a local photography meet up group. We have a few local ones that are good for organizing informal outings. Just make sure it is a closed and moderated group.

5. newphotowhodis

newphotowhodis Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks so much, very helpful! I don’t have a Facebook account anymore (which has increased my happiness substantially) but I’m sure I can use a friend’s account to at least do a search. I’ll definitely try the clubs!

Scoob100 likes this.
  6. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  7. newphotowhodis

newphotowhodis Member

Edit my images ?:
    No

Thank you! I just checked out the link you shared...and filled up my whole Meetup account with new photography groups. I'm excited to check them all out and whittle down to some regular favorites.