• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Which action camera to buy

Which Action camera to buy

• GoPro Hero7 Black

• DJI Action

• Yi Action

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

azahmah

Need some help people! I am looking to buy a new action camera, but I do not know which one to go for. At the moment I am deciding between DJI and Gopro. They both have very similar functionality but for a noob like me, I can't see any significant differences.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I know of two people who have had the DJI ones fail on them. Plus Thomas Heaton, who mentioned it in one of his videos.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
I think you aren't going to get much of an answer to your question. There wont be folks around with experience of multiple varieties of action cameras and those who own one will tell you it's fine. For example I have the dji action which hasn't failed as yet and performs brilliantly, I particularly like the forward facing screen which the gopro doesn't have which is why I bought it over the gopro. At the moment I think it's great but if it fails my opinion will change I'm sure!

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I think you aren't going to get much of an answer to your question. There wont be folks around with experience of multiple varieties of action cameras and those who own one will tell you it's fine. For example I have the dji action which hasn't failed as yet and performs brilliantly, I particularly like the forward facing screen which the gopro doesn't have which is why I bought it over the gopro. At the moment I think it's great but if it fails my opinion will change I'm sure!
It will be interesting to see how the market changes with DJI now in the fray. GoPro seem to have got stuck in a rut design wise with so many accessories to fit. DJI don’t have the same issue so I feel they can be a little more creative in the designs. Hopefully the reliability issues I have heard about are sorted. Most of the people I know that use them are windsurfers. They get strapped to their masts, boom or on the end of a stick at the back of the harness. As such they receive a fair bit of abuse, probably more than they were designed for. Other than the one Thomas Heston had fail in his video, the two I mention were both strapped to masts.