• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Which DSLR to go for?

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The polariser will only appear to work on reflected light - i.e. from a shiny surface like water or glass, or if looking at a blue sky then point to 90 degrees around from the sun....you'll see the sky go darker.

Out of focus in the viewfinder - check the diopter adjustment wheel - tiny wheel by the viewfinder window - check that before micro-adjustment which is much more difficult/time consuming to set.

Greyed out functions mean they cant be changed in that mode.

Not firing the shutter might be because the exposure requirements cant be met...i.e. too dark if in an auto mode.
image, I would be totally lost without your kind spirit my friend.
You have helped me dearly.
Thank You so much.

emjayaretog

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
When I mentioned mating EF-S lenses to a FF camera - that was with the proviso that the tube()s) were being used. Just checked my tubes - they appear to accept EF lenses only - I don't have any EF-S lenses to try this out on.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well, early this morning I was out in my garden snapping away with the diopter adjustment wheel nicely maxed out, and oh my goodness me some of the shots I got was proper clear af. I mean, proper crisp clear lah. Yeh, a lot of shots were not as clear as I was dodging the sunrays bouncin here n there, but also, a lot of shots were nice and clear. Such a wonderful experience looking through the viewfinder only to be introduced to this lovely clearness that I so deeply ached for. And now I have the option to keep on capturing my pictures at this level. Here is one of the really clear pictures.
Luminar IMG_0888.jpg
I also, had the polarizing filter lens attached too. Whether the filter lens contributed to the clearness too, truthally, I have no idea lol but I like to think maybe it did help to reduce any such reflections of rays of sunshine etc. But yeh, when I came back indoors to upload my pictures I was likke a big kid just sat there staring at these wonderful shots that I captures and am like, wwwhhhooooaaaaa, tellin myself, richy lah, I think yeh cracked it m8. After all this time ever since I purchased my first camera, which was a Sony CYbershot h400 with DSLR features, back in late 2017 and now look hjow far I have come. Truthally though, I would never have gotten this far without the help of you guys. I think I would have most probably still be using my Cybershot.

I do read the manual alot, only I find it way more refreshing and practical asking in here for advice as I find it a lot more self-explanatory and easily understanding than the manual. So really I have both world to juggle. And to think this all really started when I got that email asking me if it was something maybe the photography had said that had made me disappear for a long while. Whoever sent that email, well, all am shouting is, THANK YOU, whoever you are, because it was that email that kicked it all off.

I can't really thank you all enough.
Wonderful experience.

Last edited:

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great that you're happy and you feel you've raised your standards. Might be a good idea to start posting an image in a separate thread and asking for some pointers on how to improve?

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great that you're happy and you feel you've raised your standards. Might be a good idea to start posting an image in a separate thread and asking for some pointers on how to improve?
Yes, good point m8.
Cheers.

dordeduca

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I can tell you that the best camera is the one you have. I recommend you invest the money in as many photo courses. in the end I answer you directly to your question through an article worth reading
Link removed by Admin - please read forum rules

Last edited by a moderator: