1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Which three people would you most like to photograph and why?

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by SeanNeedham, Dec 23, 2010.

1. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    One of my friends has just dropped this stinker on me, and I'm still working on the answer...

So, if you could photograph anyone, alive or dead, which three would you choose, and why would you want to photograph them?

2. dawnrosie

dawnrosie Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Father Christmas, The Tooth Fairy and God! Cos then I could afford a pro camera and all the gear:snappy:

3. copperhead

copperhead Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    number one for me is someone i have known for a number of years and is a hero in every sense of the word, i never seem to have a camera handy when i see him though. Callum Macfarlane Barrow runs a charity called Marys Meals, some of you may have seen him recently at the CNN awards. Marys meals feeds nearly 1/2 a million children everyday. I really need to arrange something with him and get some studio shots done.

number 2 , would be Liv Tyler and steve tyler - they both have amazing faces.

number 3 would be Richard Avedon, a great portrait togger i would love to get a pic of in his own style

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    # 1 for me would have been Mother Teresa. Such an amazing face to put out front of the amazing things she accomplished.

# 2 would have been Paul McCartney. So few have managed to take amazing photos of that man and have gotten famous from that.

#3 would be President Obama. I could just imagine that face characterized as the guy from Mad Magazine.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Winston Churchill, Richard Burton and Ronnie Barker.

6. Gruff

Gruff Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Christopher Reeve,

Bobby Robson,

Isembard Kingdom Brunel.

all dead.

7. Clarapug

Clarapug Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Mine would be very personal as we have very few photos of them:

My grandmother
    My grandfather

And also, my father, who I have never met and don't even know what he looks like.

8. Kenny

Kenny Guest

The three people I would like to photograph are personal heroes of mine. First, If he were still alive I would find it the upmost honour to photograph Martin Luther King.He was a giant amongst men.He inspired both black and white to live together and bor no hated from any colour race or creed. Secondly I would love to photograph Mohamed Ali because he was a symbol to many, a rallying call for equality and when the Vietnam was was on he stood by his principles and refused to fight in the Vietnam war and kill innocent people for a cause he did not believe in. Finally I would love to photograph Stevie Wonder. His music has spanned the decades. he IS motown which was and still is the anthem and sound of a generation. He is a wonderful humanitarian and I have always and will always love his music. For me these three men encompass all that I would like to see in humanity and to capture that in a photo would be quite something.

Thanks for asking the question Sean.

Bessy regs

Kenny

9. Revolutionz

Revolutionz Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hmm... Emma Watson, Cheryl Cole and Richard Hammond :).

10. Bob'Darley

Bob'Darley Banned

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Paul McCartney - as already mentioned he's an illiusive character photographically and unlike Lennon I can't ever recall seeing a truly amazing photo of him

Bette Davies, just for the eyes!

My Dad, he never liked having his photograph taken, I just wish I'd persevered more to capture the real him when he was alive

Dave

11. SeanNeedham

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I'm still having trouble narrowing my three down...

I'm thinking Princess Diana, out of the spotlight of the media, the 'royal bubblewrap'; just to get an image of someone who by whatever means became a person bigger than what I think they actually were.

The second, most probably would be Robert Altman, whilst filming MASH.

And the third, well, I think that would have to be Alex Majoli, whilst he was taking the images that made the collection called Leros (from a Greek Island and Mental Asylum of the same name). Type his name into Google Images, and have a look.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  12. SeanNeedham

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I photographed the Top Gear team once, Clarkson was great, James May was as aloof as he appears on the telly, and Hammond, well, not the most pleasant person to photograph in the slightest; and it wasn't just me who found that, a guy I know photographed them a year previous and he found exactly the same thing.

13. steve b

steve b Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Interesting Sean, spread the gos on Hammond then, I can't stick the jumped up little sh*t, lol. :)

14. GFresh

GFresh Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    #1 - Kylie Minogue
    #2 - Tori Black
    #3 - Gemma Arterton

All three, only for the reason that i'm completely in love with them! :)

15. mini_mad

mini_mad Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Its a hard one this, I am not the greatest with names and faces but at the end of the day I would have to go with people who are currently in the news and where there would be a high demand for the images (if I could do them justice), why because I have a feeling that would be a, probably undeserved, shortcut to fame as a photographer.

From the past, George Adamson would be one, a great character and somebody I have had the pleasure of meeting.

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I was lucky enough to photograph Princess Diana ( http://www.photography-forum.org/showthread.php/52784-Dianna?highlight=diana ) All you had to do to get a good photograph of her was point the camera and press the button. She was that photogenic.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  17. steveathome

steveathome Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Freddie Starr

David Jason

Jennifer Aniston

18. Sidleydoc

Sidleydoc Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    This is nearly impossible, not being a portrait tog at all I don't think I would want to make a ham fisted attempt at taking a sub standard snap of anyone I admired, I'd have a bash and then spend an inordinate amopunt of time revelling in self loathing at the appauling job I'd done - lol ..... top 3 animals though hmm that would be worth some thought

19. photograffex

photograffex Guest

Freddie Mercury
    Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (together)
    Tutankhamun

20. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I would like a team shot of the Man U team prior to the Munich air disaster, Marilyn Monroe, and Tenzing Norgay