1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Who am I??

Discussion in 'Who Are You ??' started by nells250, Nov 28, 2016.

1. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Oh, no one...

I am just a gal who often needs answers regarding photos in my various collections. With the world in love with digital, I can't find anyone to ask questions about REAL photography methods. :grin: Hence my dropping by this forum!

As for my own photography, I mainly shoot objects, railroading and automobiles. My attempts at photographing my flower garden have never worked out... I swear God knows when I am trying to snap a blossom and sends down a big breeze!!!

Some of my pics can be found on my many sites: (Link deleted by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry, but you jumped the gun by one post (you only had 4 at the time of posting this) before being allowed to use links.

3. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
  4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  5. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Wellp, I don't think I am going to get an answer anyway. I just can't believe how hard it has been for me to find answers to questions lately. I mean ANY question. The internet is only useful if someone else out there has the same interest. Therefore I float alone through the wires and fiber optics and circuits of the 'net...

6. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Welcome to the forum. No doubt you will find the answers to your questions

7. Lady Tee

Lady Tee Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Welcome to the forum.....maybe actually 'ask' a question and folk maybe more able to help. ;)

DwarvenChef and Roger S like this.
  8. Electra

Electra Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi nells250:crigon_04:! The folks are very helpful here:)!

9. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome

There are two good ways of learning. First is to post some of your images on here and wait for comments - no need to ask for full critique generally as you will usually receive some gentle clues to get you going. Second is to comment on other images you see. This isn't easy when you start and hence why it's a good method of learning. Just start by saying what you like in a photograph.

Let's see some of yours soon :)

10. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    hello and welcome to the forum

11. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

You will definitely get answers here if you post a photo with the questions.

12. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome to the forum

13. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Welcome to the forum. This is a very good place to get questions answered. Often I go to answer only to find it has already been answered, correctly, within minutes of posting.

14. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi welcome to the forum, not to forget the only question you dont ask is the stupid one.

15. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sure there'll be some clever bods round here to give you a hand.

16. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Wow, I didn't know you all posted here! Alas, still no answer to my posted question. I think peeps here are more digital than film. Oh well. As for sharing my own images, I am sort of afraid to as I am not a pro and most of my photos are of transportation related things.

17. slipper

slipper Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi. I often go to ask a question, like today, only to find its been asked before, so search on here is often useful.

18. Lady Tee

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Plenty of film folk about but if I remember vaguely and a quick search, it wasn't really a straight forward question....wasn't it an obscure image type thing you was asking what it was?

19. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Yup. I didn't think it would be quite so obscure, though. I think I'd fare better on a more antique-oriented forum, but I haven't been able to find one.

20. Lady Tee

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ok maybe some back story to the image....is the photo yours? Family history stuff? Bought from an antique place?...maybe go back and ask..

Possibly most important for nosy reasons....what is it about the 'type' that is important...sometimes more details help everyone with a bigger picture. :)

21. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    The photos in question (which I am not allowed to link to) were part of a lot of vintage railroading photos I won years ago. Seeing as they don't fit into my collection as such, I may try to sell them. I'd like to know the exact photography method just in case. If they don't sell, I may donate them to the Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society.

Also... I just plain am curious about so many antiques! :) :) :)

22. Lady Tee

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Are you close in distance to this place? Could you pop along or maybe email them and see if they can shed any light?

kaybie likes this.
  23. nells250

nells250 Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Nah, alas, the auction was one of a series... an elderly (and ill) railroad collector's entire accumulation was being sold off. Hate to say it, but I think the man has most likely passed away by now.

24. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You can post links now that you have more than 5 posts yourself .. . Also you say you don't want to post your own images as you are not a pro .. .well 90% on here are not Pro's ... so please feel free to post ... we look forward to them.

Paul

25. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Howdy and welcome to the site... ok so I'm a bit late on this LOL