• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Winter @ Lagangarbh

H1ghlander

Always on
I'd love to say this taken at the weekend but sadly it wasn't. After much promise from the weather forecasters the weekend was frustratingly a bit of a washout.
This is a picture I often return to when looking for some winter motivation. When I do it often gets a tweak here or there with varying crops depending on my mood. Some may have seen this before in another form, this version has lost all of the bright highlights in the sky which were always a bug bear and I've included a little foreground.
C'mon the snow.

Probably my last upload before the festivities begin so would like to take this opportunity to wish all members a very merry Christmas, and thank you all for the very kind comments you have left on my pictures over the year.

Stob Dearg in winter.JPG

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Lovely pic.

I was hoping for a trip to Snowdon today, the Met reckoned snow but a few webcams I looked at yesterday didn’t show hardly any. Sadly Shropshire very rairly sees any kind of snow let alone anything that sticks around for more than an hour or two so driving to the Welsh Mountains is the only real option. Boo.

Have a great Xmas Scott. Look forward to seeing more of your pics in the New Year. :)

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
That just makes me want to walk straight in the picture .... Happy Christmas Scott
Paul

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
A desolate shot, full of cold and atmosphere - just imagine being in a kilt in that sort of weather a few hundred years ago (Campbells and MacDonalds type people...)
Merry Christmas Scott!

I have to go up north 2000 km to see a shred of snow or experience cold. I get the mood here though because I have seen plenty of it in the past. Have a good one.

Last edited:

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Merry Christmas Scott!!

I'm hoping for some decent weather between xmas and new year as I've got a few days for a togging roadtrip. Expect blizzards!!

Banjo Ryan

Always on
Excellent picture Scott, I don't believe I've seen any previous versions of this. All the best, and Merry Christmas

Isac

Always on
Fabulous wall hanger Scott! That sort of scene is a world away from OZ. I guess I'd need to wear something warmer than shorts and thongs to visit that area. :)