• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Young Sydney or just Syd

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
New dog in the house. It's been over year since our last dog passed away at the age of 15 1/2. Since building the new house it was glaringly apparent it was missing one thing, a dog. We picked young Syd, a bearded collie, from the breeder last weekend at 9 weeks old. It's been a roller coaster ride this last week but he's settling in nicely, loves to play (obviously) and loves learning his commands at puppy school which opens a closes throughout the day.
I've been shooting in jpeg with an in camera personal setup just because it's easier to manage the pictures and the results are instant rather than faffing with tons of raws. Only downside is when there's a picture I really like which requires some shadow recovery the file mostly falls apart compared to a raw file.
I'm no pet shooter but here's Syd so far.

First picture I took of him after getting him home. He seems to like it here.

Syd.JPG

He really likes having his own toys. I suspect when he had a toy at the breeders another puppy would come along and take it off him as he used to skulk off to a corner with it. Now he realises nobody is going to take it he's much more confident to play in the open.

Syd-2.JPG

Syd-3.JPG

You spend all that money on a new doggy bed but sleeping in the coffee table is better. A beardy trait. They often prefer to sleep on a floor where it's cool and hard but we have underfloor heating. He's taken to sleeping on the slate hearth during the day instead.

Syd-4.JPG

Syd-5.JPG

Syd-6.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello Syd. He's a cute fellow, Scott.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Fantastic Scott! I really miss having a dog. Once we settle it will be high up on our priorities.

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
How precious. Looks like quite the energetic little one.

Have you thought about shooting RAW + JPEG when getting photos of him?

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
How precious. Looks like quite the energetic little one.

Have you thought about shooting RAW + JPEG when getting photos of him?
I did shoot both to begin with but preferred the ease and speed of the jpegs. Obviously for taking regular landscapes raw is essential but for puppy pics not so much.

Dotty.c

Founding Member
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
he's a little cracker, My cousin has a grey bearded collie, she always in the sea, so looks more like a floor mop than a collie :rolleyes:

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
he's a little cracker, My cousin has a grey bearded collie, she always in the sea, so looks more like a floor mop than a collie :rolleyes:
Not sure what we'll do with his coat but probably keep it short for the reason you mention above.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nice set of photos Scott. We have a border terrier, but never managed a decent photo really of him. Have you had him come up and lick the camera lens yet?