1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Youth Rugby

Discussion in 'Sports & Action Photography Forum' started by Ogofmole, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This afternoon I popped down to our local Rugby Club where there was a youth game on. Weather was very overcast with light rain in the air, so it was time to turn the ISO up.

751_3693.jpg

751_3740.jpg

751_3866.jpg

751_3926.jpg

751_4105.jpg

751_4199.jpg

Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is a great set, and that second and last ones are wall hanger quality. The main character with the ball is looking for a new play while the remainder of the players are still locked in on the existing play. I love them.

Ogofmole likes this.
  3. Dusty

Dusty Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Couple of general points. First, you are shooting standing up, which robs the action of some of the impact. Try shooting kneeling or with one knee on the ground and see the difference...

Second. Check your horizons are level. 2 and 5 have a definite slant.

And more of a personal preference for me, try not to include random body parts on the edge of the image. 2 has the ref’s arm appearing strangely. Try cropping to include him or exclude all of him. 3 and 5 are well framed.

On the positive, you’ve nailed the focus and there are some good expressions showing.

Hope that helps?

Ogofmole likes this.
  4. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Good set. Rugby offers so many more opportunities for interesting shots than football!

I agree with the points Dusty made above. One more that I'd suggest is that you forget about standard image size ratios. I generally crop my football photos to remove all irrelevance to the action being portrayed. It adds to the visual impact I find.

Ogofmole likes this.
  5. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank You for all your comments and suggestions.

6. Richard Davies

Richard Davies Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  7. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'd go along with this too and would suggest much tighter cropping with most of them. Obviously you want the scene portrayed sometimes and the first is a good example of this where the spectators do add to the action and general atmosphere.

As said above though, good focusing. Fantastic timing with all of them, especially the first.

Ogofmole likes this.